Every failure is a step to success. William Whewell
An all-round web aficionado with over 15 years of commercial experience looking to work on exciting projects with exciting clients. Full of energy, experience, hard work and enthusiasm, he is always up for a new challenge and wants to work in the heart of the creative industry.
“I see technology as a way of facilitating and improving communication between people and I understand that people come before technology.
Director & Software Engineer
Part of the Software Engineering Group within the MasterCard Payment Gateway Services division, collaborating with internal customers across the globe.
- Amundi - Lead for the PHP development division
- Accell Group - improve e-commerce platform for all their brands
- MasterCard - part of the Payment Gateway Services division
oct 2016 - apr 2020
Senior PHP Developer
Part of the development team, building new features and enhanced functionality for The Irish Times digital platforms. In charge of the API development project and automation.
- Recommended and implemented an Internal API using Symfony 4 along with CI via Jenkins
- Re-designed development environment in Vagrant and set up server automation via Ansible
- Put in place code reviews via BitBucket by changing the main repository to Git
may 2015 - nov 2016
Part of the development team looking after the API powering iOS and Android applications.
- Part of the API team developed in Zend Apigility and used to drive the Android and iOS apps
- Update communication with Oracle DB using Thrift as a bridge between Java and PHP
- Developed an internal dashboard in Ruby to display the live global orders
sep 2012 - mar 2015
Involved with the technical and graphical aspects of web applications and API development. I was also involved with the maintenance and update of white labels.
- Worked on project like dynamic marketing email templates, landing pages, reports and many more
- Started as a junior developer working with ColdFusion and PHP on existing legacy code
- Built the internal API in Laravel used in the Android and iOS applications
Started in 2010
Freelancing & Consulting
Started around the idea that a company will be known based on the image they have on the internet. Over the years I managed to work with numerous clients some of which are loyal to me to this day. I mainly do consulting these days but I sometimes venture towards other services as well.
- Design and develop websites or web applications based on a client's ideas and/or requirements
- Use of marketing techniques to obtain new clients and manage their prospects and inquiries
2 years experience
Team Leader / Sales Agent, Interpreter, Service Desk Operator
- Sell products or services on events, B2C and B2B for clients like: DeadSea, Energia, Vodafone
- Promoted to team leader managing a team of ever-growing Sales Distributors
- Irish owned companies of interpretation and translation services
2008 - 2010
2007 - 2008
I was responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- IBM Certification · Multi-Function IS620v1.0 with a result of 96% (15 May 2010)
- IBM Certification · Network Intrusion Prevention IS610v1.0 with a result of 92% (13 May 2010)
- IBM Certification · Advanced Site Protector IS521v1.0 with a result of 94% (11 May 2010)
- IBM Certification · Site Protector IS601v1.0 with a result of 88% (6 May 2010)
2007 - 2010Bucharest, Romania
3 years, 180 ECTS
Cybernetics, Statistics and Economic IT - Romanian-American University
- Dissertation with a result of 90%
- Economic IT - Bachelor's Degree with a result of 83%
2002 - 2006Tecuci, Romania
National College Calistrat Hogas
- High School Graduation Certificate with a result of 82.5%
- PC Operator Certificate with a result of 100%